1. Fruit Cups with Jack-o-Lantern faces. With a little creativity you can make a boring peach or orange fruit cup look like a Halloween pumpkin!
2. Mmmmmm….Mummy Wrapped Juice Boxes. These undead juices are an excellent alternative to help your trick or treaters stay hydrated on their journey house to house. Use tissue paper or thick white tape. Add googly eyes for some added fun!
3. Oh My! Cutie oranges with Jack-o-Lantern faces. You can be very creative with the faces you draw on the cutie. You can also use googly eyes and make crazy Jack-o-Lanterns.
4. You look like you’ve seen a ghost! Oh wait, that’s just a Mozzarella Stick in a ghost costume! You can go the extra mile and drape a tissue over the mozzarella stick to add an extra ghostly layer.
5. Tried and true Popcorn Balls are actually an excellent alternative to candy; they pack in a ton of fiber and are fun to eat! Purchase the pre-wrapped balls, homemade treats can be deemed unsafe and will probably be thrown away.
The price of purchasing healthier options like the ones above may be a bit more costly than a bag of sugar laden candy; purchasing the items may be more affordable if purchased from a wholesale store.
Choosing one of the alternatives above, or a non-food related treat option will reassure you that you have provided a better alternative to the trick or treaters who come knocking.